The Coin

Was reading a book in canteen when I wandered off….. What’s the difference between a product and an Invention…… a product is designed keeping market in mind…. To sell…
But Invention is more of creativity… to improve life… to sustain it…

I started thinking of sustaining…. Can I sustain myself on my own?
What does a living being needs…. Food and Shelter. (Clothing ofcourse, but maybe that’s not required to stay alive)
Shelter…. One can build using logs or mud…..
To cut logs one needs tools… iron? Let’s try with sharp stones first… tying them with twigs using strings made of barks….
For food… considering that I m veg, I will prefer fruits and vegetables…
For a regular supply I will need to farm… (PS not all farming can be done in Farmville)
What does farming needs?
Seeds and saplings…. Water…. Tools to plough with and harvest…
Tools again…. Back to sharp stones…..
Water…. I find a river bank to farm and live by….
What about the seeds and sapling…. I look of edible plants in forest…. Try out and find if the fruits are nontoxic?
So I farm, reap and eat…. What next?
Make Better tools?
What next?
I explore… grow my farm land and plough more, sow more, reap more?
What next?

The same question I will ask myself then too which I ask myself now ‘what’s the purpose of life?’
But today I can ask myself one question which I won’t be asking if I were a stone age savage sustaining myself alone, ‘what’s the purpose of a Society?’
What’s a Society?

At this moment I had to drop my pen and put my chin between the palms to reflect on what it is… and I realized Society is a group formed to hide individual weaknesses and display unified strength.
Man was a brute, he was greedy, he was selfish, he was mighty, he fought, he killed….
The weak unified and formed the society, blamed man’s actions and invented the terms ‘sin’ and ‘crime’.
The unified strength formed the law.
It was then, when the deeds of a instinctive man who fights for his needs were termed as sin and “Thou shalt nots” were proclaimed!

And on what basis this Society stands? What keeps a man from breaking free of it even if his instincts says to?
Sustainability!
It’s not sustaining life, but sustaining lifestyle.
The trap of lifestyle that the Society created has shackled the free man.
Man invented the wheel, he made tools, he discovered fire, he explored and found the grains, he ploughed, he sowed, he reaped and ate.
But the Society conspired and invented something which no man could escape from, ‘The Coin’.

Comments

  1. To rephrase your words,all the much hated human emotions are something which you can find only in a society. The more the merrier.

    Evolution of humankind ( humanity) is like a train ride with just us being kind enough to forget where we should get off ( or is it how we should get off )
    :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment