Nature's Lap

I never believed in destiny. The destination we reach is not destined, but it's a result of the complex equation that the world is governed by. For ages man has tried to formulate this complex equation, sometimes constructing god, and sometimes imagining big bangs, beyond which the human imagination conks out. But the life cycle goes on.
Today's dawn was not destined; but the lack of company for the morning ride brought out the explorer in me. Like a rover I moved on, going on where the path took me and turning intuitively towards nature's lap.

The blazing Sun spreading life around
Nature is a wonder; it has life. It's not a collection of flora and fauna, it's a single being with a life of its own self, breathing every moment and breathing life into us. Freedom in the true sense is in the lap of Mother Nature. The Cormorants taught me that.

Cormorants poured me with sense of freedom
I had dreams, recurring dreams; I fly. Men, since the dawn of civilization, have tried to reach the skies, he wanted wings. He made machines, and after centuries of grind he designed airplane. But, Nature blessed some creatures with wings. They fascinate me.

The female Sunbird
There's nothing more joyful than starting your day watching the favorite bird of yours. I still remember the winter mornings in my native town when I used to study in the lawn, under the Drumstick tree, and gape at the little sunbirds twittering, sucking nectar from the drumstick flowers. I love sunbirds, they make me nostalgic.
The calm and serene ducks making legatos on the water surface, the Nightingales filling the nature's vivarium with its melody, made me ecstatic.

Spot-billed Ducks

An Indian Pond Heron

A Red-vented Bulbul (Nightingale)
And then, when you think you had enough, nature will shower more bliss on you.
A Shrike greeted me when I was on my way back. I couldn't take my eyes of its body. Yellow is my favorite color and its yellow belly was a delight to my eyes.
A Long-tailed Shrike
On such days, when it seems as if destiny conspired to make nature's lap as your destination, you don't mind having morning breeze as breakfast with the song birds for company.

From the Nature's lap
Bani

Comments

  1. Very nice write up. I enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow its awesome! Your are a nice photographer too! :)

    I am also a new cyclist who would love to enjoy such rides with you. I live in Aundh and work in Hinjewadi, please let me know about any of your such freaking rides! BTW I have Fomas RoadKing. :)

    Happy Cycling!

    CHEERS!
    Saurabh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Saurab, join for the ride if u r free tomm...
    here the plan - http://www.cyclists.in/events/mtb-ride-kusur-pathar-28th

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment