The Thousand Miles


Monsoon calls the traveler out of every soul. But there are some specimens whose love for cartography doesn't get burnt when the sun scorches. On 4th Apr 2010 I packed and moved.

It's one of those journeys that my little mastery of the lingo is not enough to express in words. I will leave it mostly to the snaps I took. I will just disclose my path.

Late Friday afternoon, Yogesh my friend from Pune dropped me at Panvel on his Bajaj Pulsar, he was on his way home in Mumbai. I took the Bus from Panvel to Kaylan and then to Bhiwandi.

From Bhiwandi I boarded Igatpuri ST bus to check out Tansa Lake near Shahapur.
At Shahapur I came to know that there's no accommodation near Tansa lake so I boarded the same bus again and continued to Igatpuri.

Spent the night at the sleepy town of Igatpuri, walked around the town, the station, ate from road side stalls, had Phaluda and slept at New Bombay Lodge.

Next Morning I headed Nasik. From Nasik took the ST to Jawhar. Spend couple of hours at Jawhar clicking with my Canon S5.

From Jawhar I headed for Silvassa. Checked out the Tribal museum at Silvassa and had Pasta and Sizzling Brownie with Icecream. Checked out the Lion safari near by and met Sonal the only Lioness there.
On the spur of the moment, I decided to watch the sunset at Daman.

Travelling by couple of Tumtums (6 seater autos where they load 10 people) and another couple of shared taxis I reached Devka Beach by sunset.
The sky was delight to watch, but Daman was not a place of my liking to spend a peaceful night.

And So I decided to check out Mumbai...
Mumbai, which I had being just once that too four years back and the phobia it had created repelled me ever since.
(To know about my first experience of Mumbai check out - http://madbani.blogspot.com/2010/08/that-local.html)

So I took the night bus to Mumbai Central. At the stroke of midnight I alight at Mumbai Central. And soon enough, just after a killing hours search in the dead of the night, i finally managed to get accommodation in a Jain Dorm.

Next morning it was time for the monument I was there for, 'The gateway of India' and ofcourse the Taj.... Hotel not Mumtaj's tomb ;).

What next... hmmmm I felt like it's time for the sea, Took the Ferry from Gateway to Alibag.
From Alibag I went Poladpur changing couple of buses and from Poladpur I took a shared jeep to Mahabaleswar. In the jeep I was just charmed by a tribal beauty who looked like Penelope Cruz :)

I had Mug of Strawberry with Icecream at Mahabaleswar Hillstation and when I headed back Pune from there taking the late evening ST bus. I was home by 11 pm :)

Check out the - Photo Album

The Route -







Comments

  1. After reading this, my only point of concern was:::
    Why the hell you didint posted the pic of your Penelope Cruz?? ;)
    Nice jottin btw..keep doin so..

    ReplyDelete
  2. didn't had the guts to shoot her pic :)
    she was sitting just a feet infront, had no space for the camera in the jeep.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment