A Million Dollar Movie Review (Dhobi Ghat)

Nowadays everyone is writing a movie review, it’s a big bizz! I just watched an awetastic movie named Dhobi Ghat and I thought why not I try writing a review of it. The only thing that hindered me was fixing the price tag of my review. So, after an in-depth evaluation of my abilities, I finalized its a million dollar and nothing less that my review will deserve. So before proceeding ahead, just peep into your pockets and check that you have a million dollar, else please excuse, this blog’s not meant for you, neither do you deserve reading it nor will you be able to grasp it. For all those who have enough in their pockets, I present my ‘The Million Dollar Movie Review’!

JAM, somebody’s calling brb!

Yeah! Where was I? Yeah, ‘The Million Dollar Dhobi Ghat’. Really it was an awetastic movie! Believe me! It was!

JAM, lemme google on How to write a movie review, brb!
Oh No! I got three different guides, one from www.wikihow.com another from www.ehow.com and the third from www.howtodothings.com. Thank god there are atleast few things that humans can do involuntarily without googling else how weird it will look if people sit down early morning and google ‘how to s**t’.

Oh! I completely forgot I am supposed to write the Review…. Just believe me it was really an awetastic movie! Now, from the how-to websites it looks like a review is like HTML. It has title, header and the body. That’s simple. I guess I am done with the title…. Lemme start with header.

So it was an awetastic movie I went with my roommates to watch, we walked to a near by Movie hall around 2 km from home, I forgot its name but it had no shows of Dhobi Ghat, so we took the bus to a far away Movie Hall and reached there just 30 min past the 4 o’clock show and took the tickets for the 6 o’clock show. We then had Kokam Juice, Lemon Juice and Sugarcane Juice and watched Raptors perched on a near by park. And then the show started.

I don’t exactly recall how the movie begun, I guess someone was shifting to a new old-looking home when another guy was killing rats. Then there was this audio-cassette-sized video cassettes that some girl had shot with a creepy web-cam, must be Sony, that she forgot to upload in Youtube before hanging from the ceiling, She surely would have got a million comments in FB and a billion likes, I bet I am sure! It was a new cam she got from her dumb hubby but she made me pass out when she shot that oldie stiff neighbor of her. That really looked like a live ghost! I wish I too get paid for sitting quietly all the time sometime. She just turned once when Aamir Khan Finished watching the audio-cassette-sized video cassettes. My heart was just pounding thinking she will talk but the director cut the scene there. It was good that she cut it there if she would have talked I would have collapsed. Last time I collapsed watching a movie was Lagaan. I collapsed when that last shot of Aamir was caught, but later my friends told it was a six. I was relieved. I thought I will watch it fully next time and check for myself if it was a six or not but I collapsed again when the shot was caught.
Mmm…. I think I am already done with the body too…… Anyways let’s come to the conclusion. Many people found themselves lost when the movie was over. Some said ‘What was that!?!?!’ and some said ‘I feel it’s interval!’ and some said ‘What crap!’ To them I say, you are all crap! It’s one of the most awetastic movies ever and ever. To me it gave some divine lessons of life. I would have never known the biggest advantage of drinking without watching it. And then how not to say sorry. It taught me that people who kill rat can also run like a rat; girls can make them do that. It also taught me people can have a great time when the family is away. Or may be when people have great time family goes away or something like that. But the biggest lesson I learnt was never to keep a pocket diary with me.

Anyways, people still will not say it’s an awetastic movie. Most people don’t have eyes. They can’t see art. Let’s see this – A guy’s stomach gets filled with 4 Plain Rotis. How many Butter Rotis can he eat?

Let’s take another question. If a + b=10, how much is a?
I know you will ask me how much is b?

Art is not like science, some things are left to the viewers imaginations. Imagine your b and find a. And if there’s nothing left for viewer’s imagination it’s not Art. Anyways for you b=0.

Comments

  1. Haahhahhaa....Nice one Bani...Okie now the feedback...

    Starting with, hal of ur blog doesnt carry any stuff realted to the review..its all bout ur "how to write reviews"..so we neglect that part and go directly to the body...
    Again the body contains the entire movie in words..You have just wrote what you hav seen in the movie..So your blog indirectly is a spoiler in disguise....

    Now moving on i come to ur final say..'a+b' thing...tht was really gud..appreciative of course...its an art movie so you leave half to the viewers imaginations..perfect said..but dude you tell me the purpose of showing this movie...ofcourse its a art movie so must be havin some..no nothin..the individual elements do have it i agree ..e.g. the chai cup and glass acion by servant..but as a whole the movie was totally blank...neither it picturises around DHOBI GHAT(only a part of movie had few pix of it) nor it has MUMBAI Diaries in it...

    On the contrary, Udaan has got a nice msg in it..even Gullal, Sallam Bombay, Peepli live..but this one...was sheer hopeless...

    B'liv me I am a terrible AK fan but i dont thnk ths drew sth in me....Indian people are not blind ,,i do agree that they are hesitating to open their eyes to see new thngs..but atleast they are trying to...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bani, ur review had nothing to do with the movie :P
    But I enjoyed reading it :D
    As hfar as the movie is concerned, haven't seen it but one thing is for sure;
    "Aamir Khan is obsessed with the Oscars" :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Biranchi No No no! It was awetastic it was it was!! :P
    @Farina :D Next time I will surely write about the movie :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment