Six Teas


Tea… I don’t drink tea, right?

Yes I don't! But avoiding Tea in India is as tough as winning 'Tour de France' without learning how to ride a bike (bike is the american for the english word 'bicycle').

Here are the situations which lead to the six teas that I had in my lifetime -

The first time was in Kharagpur during my college days, when I had left my Library card in my jeans and given it to the Dhobi, and then had hunt for the Dhobi-ghat on my bicycle which was 10 km away, that was my longest ride (20 km) till Thunderbolts cycling club was formed, the Dhobi offered me tea and I couldn’t say him no.

The second tea was when a fellow trekker offered me tea at top of Rajgad fort, that was the first trek of my life.

The third was near Pratapgad Fort, it was during my Xmas trip, on 2nd day of the cycling tour, Pawan Yadav and I went to Pratapgad fort and while returning we had a tea on that chilling night, it was a tough ride and deserved celebration.

Then fourth tea was during the Kasarsai Night camp, the villagers in Kusgaon were really courteous and saying no to their offer would have been offending, and the chilling night at the graveyard deserved a tea.

The fifth one at Admal Village before the thrill of hunting for shelter started on the first Day of the MTB Tour of Mulsi-Tamhini-Varasgaon last monsoon. That was my first black tea.

And the sixth one was at Dattawadi after the offroad Bullet ride (Trilok my frnd rode, i was the pillion) that we did to survey the route of MTB Sahyadri that we were planning to organize last winter.

Seven is my fav number, I won't be having the 7th one unless it's too thrilling an exp, not expecting it soon :)

Comments